Eggnog

Custard, Eggnog
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 250 oz / 7393 ml

From T2

Product description not available yet.

About T2 View company

Last tea from the Christmas sampler. Eh it tastes somewhat like coconut that’s on the edge, though I’m not sure if there is coconut in there. It also has some added flavors that evoke eggnog, or at least something creamy. It’s better with milk. It’s quite fake tasting, but I don’t mind it too much. I ended up having a decent time with this one, but wouldn’t really recommend.

I don’t order from T2 anymore, but I also want to complain about the magnetic “erasable” labels I bought from them. I used dry erase markers, but they won’t rub off the labels no matter what I use. I thought they’d be better than the sticky notes I usually use to label my tins, but it’s back to sticky notes for me!

Mastress Alita

I hate T2’s packaging even more than their tea. Other than sampler sets, pretty much everything is a bulk 100g and then it’s in a plain plastic bag that once cut open, will always be exposed to air, and that is put in a flimsy cardboard “cube”. You have to buy a ridiculous amount (like 8oz?!) to get a resealable foil bag like every other respectable tea shop uses. Their horrible packaging just feels like a way to try to force customers into buying additional storage tins on top of their tea order.

AJRimmer

Maybe that’s their business plan!!

Advent Day 15

This was the tea I was most interested in trying when reading what teas were in this advent. I should have read the reviews here. Opening the package I smelled raisins. Hmmm. Once steeped I’m trying to smell nutmeg, but I get more of a creamy scent instead. When it sip it’s…. it’s…. what is this?! There is a sour taste strong in the front of each sip that lingers. The finish is nice in comparison. Much more mild and I think I can imagine custard like flavors here. I don’t understand what they did to this tea, but it is a far cry from eggnog.

Update: Tried adding creamer to see if it would improve and it only made it worse! Dump the cup! Dump the cup!

Courtney

Sour? Blech.

Martin Bednář

That’s such dismal!

Mastress Alita

Sounds like they actually created “Week Over the Due Date Eggnog”

ashmanra

Ewwwwwwwwww! I am sorry! Dump the Cup is an extreme measure, but sometimes necessary. Life is too short to drink bad tea.

Dustin

I’d drink a week past the experation date any day over more of this!
I agree about life being too short for bad tea, especially when I have so many good ones to choose from!

tea-sipper

What the heck is always happening to eggnog teas…

Dustin

They are apparently REALLY hard to pull off. Butiki had one that I liked, but it didn’t scream egg nog, more a creamy nutmeg.

Let’s start with the pros (there are not that many imho): the smell. It’s sweet and creamy and quite authentic. Not too artificial.
Unfortunately the taste is. For me the flavor is awful. I could not finish 1 cup of this tea. Had to sweeten it loads and pass it onto my husband who will accept any crappy tea, as long as it’s sweet ;-). Bless him.
You can taste THE EGG, the freaking hint of egg (in your tea! What the actual heck?). That’s never a good idea. Risky and sickening. What a bold move, T2. I don’t think it paid off, I’m sorry!

Flavors: Custard, Eggnog

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 250 OZ / 7393 ML

This is terrible. Couldn’t get past a sip. Not eggnog in the slightest. Sickeningly sweet vanilla flavoring, and stevia. Blech.